Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas.....

Don't you love December? We do and here are a few reasons why: Gingerbread houses. Unfortunately this year I tried to make it all from scratch and the pieces ended up being way too soft. Consequently, we never could get Jared's heavily decorated piece of roof to stay up. Not that it would have lasted very long in our house anyway....

An excuse to make and share large quantities of delicious desserts. The sharing is particularly important because it helps keep it off my hips. This year I tried my hand at a cream puff tower for our Christmas party at church: Family movie parties. My favorites include It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story and A Muppet Christmas Carol. Jared is a big Grinch fan (the old one). Emily is just in it for the popcorn and hot chocolate. Holiday decorations, in this case at the Zoo. No Festivus miracle this year, kids. Here you see the aftermath of the Feats of Strength:

Christmas cookies. Need I say more? OK, so this one doesn't actually have anything to do with December, but somebody's got to make sure we're practicing good oral hygiene. Jared is using his own tooth brush, by the way. Pretty clothes. Thanks for the dress Mom!
Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like there's a lot of fun going on in the Clark household! Merry Christmas! Oh, and send me some of those cookies while you're at it. :)

Michelle said...

Aaron doesn't like it when I share cookies. =)

)en said...

what the. am i imagining things or was jared not in the picture w/emily?

Michelle said...

Sorry, Jen. I wondered if you'd back and notice that. It wasn't long after I posted it that I realized I had already posted a picture that was almost identical not too long ago, so decided to change it. I didn't think anyone would check until the next day, but apparently you are a night owl too.

Michelle said...

Yeah! Those are wonderful pictures! I love the cream puff tower. It looks delicious!

Kar said...

I love that you remember Festivus. And I'm really jealous I wasn't at the ward Christmas party to wolf down those cream puffs. You are so ambitious!!

Michelle said...

Ambitious? Obsessed may be a better word. =)

Natalee Maynes said...

These are the cutest pics ever and I remain totally impressed with your culinary skills. Send me your cream puff tower (or if you can't just the recipe will do).

David said...

Holy cow! I can't believe how buff Jared is! :)